Using roles within AQ allow you to define a set of permissions, which enable or restrict access to certain features. Once established, any AQ user can be assigned a role. Only admins can assign and manage role permissions.
1. To add a new role, click on the Admin Settings tab in the ribbon at the bottom of the AQ window.
2. Next, click on the Roles button located in the ribbon at the top the Admin Settings window to open the Roles dialog.
3. Once the dialog opens, an admin can edit the permissions associated with an existing role or add a new one.
4. To edit the permissions associated with an existing role, select (enable) or deselect (disable) the checkboxes next to a permission under that role's column.
5. To add a new role, click the Add New Role button at the top right of the dialog. Users will be prompted to input a name for the new role.
6. After naming the role and clicking , it will appear as a new column in the Roles dialog.
7. To edit the permissions associated with the newly created role, simply select (enable) or deselect (disable) the checkboxes next to a permission under that new role's column.
8. To save the changes and close the window, click .
9. To assign the new role to a user, click the cell in the Role column next to the user's name within the Admin Settings window. The new role will be available in the drop-down list. Select it to apply those permissions to the user.
10. Click the Save Changes button, in the ribbon at the top of the window, to apply and save all changes.