AutoQuotes offers a variety of custom export options, allowing companies to define a comma-separated-value (CSV) layout that is tailored to their particular requirements. The configuration of the project export is controlled through the Custom Export Editor.
You must be an admin level user to access these settings. Below are the steps required to create a custom export.
1. Select the Admin Settings tab at the bottom of the application window.
2. Select Company Settings in the ribbon at the top of the application window.
3. In the Company Settings window; click the Export tab, then click Add in the Custom Export Templates section
* If you already have exports setup you can select it and choose Edit to change it or Delete to remove it.
4. Once the Add Custom Template window opens (shown below) you can choose the Master-, Detail-, Customer-, and Freight- fields that you want to appear in your export. Choose a field name from the left side and click the right-pointing arrow (►) to add it to your export. To remove a field, choose a field name from the right side and click the left-pointing arrow (◄). Use the up-and-down arrows to change the order in which fields appear within each record.
Additional selections on the right allow you to apply filters to the export, and to customize the ways in which data is presented to your system. Some systems require commas as field-delimiters, others will use tabs. You may, or may not, want quotation marks to surround certain fields of data.
If you like, you may click the Generic Template button to load the fields traditionally used in AutoQuotes accounting exports. This can be a useful starting point for designing your own template.
5. Once you have all the fields you need, enter a name in the Templates File Name field then click OK
6. Once you have created and saved your template it will be available to select when you click on Add Export in the Export Settings section. More information on creating an export is available here.