The export can be sent directly to a RESTful service (an HTTP site) that can receive the JSON file. It can also be sent directly to a directory on a network drive where the company's backend system pulls data.
To utilize the new JSON template it must be selected as the default export template by an admin user at a company. Once selected the export template will be applied to all accounting exports done by all users at a company.
Follow the steps below to set up a new export template that uses the JSON format. Please note, the following steps require the user to have Admin level privileges.
- Click on Admin Settings in the tab at the bottom of the application window.
- Click on Company Settings in the ribbon at the top of the application window.
- In the Company Settings window; click the Export tab, then click the Add Export button.
* If you already have exports setup you will click the button notated below.
- In the Add Export Settings window, fill in the Name of your template, select the Export Type which in this example is Json Export, set the Export When drop-down value, type in the Destination URI (not required), set the Called After Export process if a UNC path is set and check any additional options you would like to include. Click ✔ to save your changes.
- Your newly created template will now be available for use by all AQ users at your company.
The JSON schema can be found here.
Spec character field length is 4000 characters including spaces.