There are two ways to add custom items to AQ.
Method 1: Adding a custom item via the project spreadsheet
- Navigate to the Projects tab.
- Inside of the Projects screen, open a project by double clicking on its row or by clicking the New button to create a project. A new window will open displaying the Spreadsheet screen.
- Select the Custom Item button in the ribbon at the top of the project spreadsheet.
- This action will open the Custom Item dialog to enter in specific product information. The Pricing tab is for pricing information, the Media tab is for images and spec sheets and the additional tabs are for other data.
- In addition to adding the custom item to a project, you can also include it in the catalog for future use. To add the product to the catalog, click the Add To Catalog check box at the bottom of the Custom Item dialog.
- After entering all of the appropriate information, click the check button to add the item to the project.
Method 2: Adding a custom item via the AQ catalog
- Navigate to the Catalog tab.
- Click on the Add Prod button in the top ribbon.
- This action will open the Add Prod dialog where you can add information unique to an item. The Pricing tab is for pricing information, the Media tab is for images and the additional tabs are for other data.
- After entering all of the appropriate information, click the check button to add the item to the catalog.
You can only add items to manufacturers that exist in AQ. If a manufacturer does not currently publish within AQ, you can add them as a custom manufacturer under Mfr Settings before adding the item. For instructions on how to add a manufacturer go here.