Please follow along with the AQ Quick Start Guide below to install and use AQ on an iPad.
Using the iPad app, users have the ability to create new projects and edit those that already exist inside of the desktop version of AQ. Any new projects created while using the app are immediately available for use in the desktop version.
Installing the App
Click here for a direct link to download the AQ iPad App directly from the iTunes Store. To install using the App Store on the device please follow the steps below.
1. Unlock the iPad and click on the App Store icon.
2. In the search bar, type in "AutoQuotes" and press the Search button.
3. Once the AQ app appears in the search results, tap on the GET button and then the Install button to start the installation. A prompt may appear requesting Apple Itunes credentials.
4. Once the app is installed, press the OPEN button to run AQ.
Using The AQ App
1. To start using the app, log in using credentials assigned by AutoQuotes.
2. After logging in, the first presented screen is Projects. To switch between screens, simply press one of the four icons; Projects, Catalog, Contacts or MFR Setup; at the bottom of the screen.
a. To search for projects, scroll through the list or tap on the search bar to identify a specific project. Filter the list of projects at any time using the Filters Panel on the left side of the screen.
b. To create a new project, press New (upper right corner of the screen).
Adding a Product to a Project
1. Inside of the Project Spreadsheet screen, tap on the Catalog button to search for items to add to the project.
2. Once in the Catalog screen, tap on the search bar at the bottom to find products. The search options include Model Number, Manufacturer, Brand or Category. Press Filter to select a specific manufacturer.
3. After locating a product in the catalog, tap the item to display the Cart and Project buttons. To find more information about a product, such as pictures and spec sheets, swipe from right to left.
4. Tap the Project button to add an item to the project and to return to the spreadsheet. Tap the Cart button to add the item to the Cart and to continue searching the Catalog for additional products.
If the selected product has options and accessories it must be configured before the item can be added to the cart or project.
Printing Inside of the App
1. To print a report, press the Print button inside of a Project Spreadsheet. This will open the Report screen.
2. By default, your project will be displayed using the Quote Report format. To change the type of report, tap on Report Types in the bottom left portion of the screen.
3. To customize the items that appear on the report, press Options at top right section of the screen. Use the report options to include pictures, greetings, headers, footnotes etc. Each report type has its own options.
4. Once report customization is complete, press Email in the lower right corner of the screen and select either the PDF or PDF with Project option to send an email. This will create a new email with a link to the quote.
NOTE: The PDF with Project option allows a user to send a recipient, with access to AQ, a project that can be imported into AQ using the desktop version. At this time you can not import a project using this AQ app.
5. After the email is sent, press the back arrow in the top left portion of the screen to return to the Project Spreadsheet.
6. To exit and save a project, tap the Close button in the top left portion of the screen and choose Yes from the Save dialog box.
7. In the Projects screen, the most recently modified project will now be found at the top of the list.
1. Navigate to the Projects screen.
2. Tap on the button with three vertical lines in the upper right corner to the left of the Search bar.
3. Change the order of columns by pressing on the three horizontal lines, right of the column name, and dragging the column into the desired position.
4. To remove a column from the sheet press on the red button with the horizontal dash, located on the left of the column.
5. Use the "-" and "+" to change the sort order of the columns.
6. To restore the default settings, press Restore Defaults under Hidden Columns.
Note: Columns can also be edited inside of the spreadsheet view.
Editing Project Details
1. Navigate to a project inside of the app.
2. Tap Details to view and edit the details associated with the project.
3. Edit details such as Project Name, Address, Customers, Contacts, Totals and more here.
4. Tap Details again to save the changes and return to the spreadsheet view.
Changing Program and Project Settings
1. Tap Settings in the top left corner of the screen.
2. Make any necessary changes to the Program Settings and Project Settings sections and press Settings again to save.