Project sharing is an excellent way to collaborate on an AQ project with others at your company. When sharing projects users have two options, they can share a single project or choose to share all of their projects with others at their company.
Note: We recommend that all company users work in the same version of AQ. Many functions such as project sharing do not allow for collaboration between the different versions of AQ.
To Share a Single Project:
- To share a single project, right-click on one from your projects list and select the "Share Project With" option from the pop-up menu.
- A window will appear that contains a drop-down list of company users. Authorize users to view and edit your project by selecting them from the list. By default, selected users have full-editing capabilities unless you restrict their access.
- To restrict editing access, click the page icon next to each user's name. The lock icon next to a user's name means that the person has "Read Only" access. Users with this access level can view the shared project but are not able to make changes to it.
To Share All Projects:
- To share all of your projects with other users at your company, click on My Settings button located in the lower right-hand corner of the AQ application window and navigate to the Project Sharing section within the My Settings dialog.
- In the Project Sharing section, place a check mark next to each user that you authorize to access your projects. By default, selected users have full-editing capabilities unless you restrict their access.
- It's important to note that there is no way to restrict a user's editing access to "Read Only" for all shared projects. However, if you are using this method, you can still control editing access for a single project by using the instructions in the "To Share a Single Project" section above.