When a project is created, it can be assigned two different numbers for reference purposes. They are the Job Reference number and Project Code. These numbers are used to help identify and differentiate projects. Within My Settings, users have the option to set their own custom number or to use the next available number provided by their company.
To set the Job Reference number and Project Code, follow these steps:
- Click on the My Settings button in the lower right corner of AQ.
- Select Advanced from the left panel in the My Settings window.
- To number projects locally, enter a starting number in the Autonumber Job Reference and Autonumber Project Code sections (in blue). If needed, you can also enter a Prefix and Suffix.
- To use the company numbering feature instead, select the Use Next Company Job Ref Number and/or the Next Company Project Code options (in red).
- Select Ok to save the changes.
*Note: The company numbering feature will only work if an organization’s admin has entered in a value for Last Project Code Number and/or Last Job Reference Number in the Company Settings. (See directions in the section below)
For users with admin rights, to set the Next Company Project Code or Next Company Job Ref Number, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Admin Settings tab.
- Select Company Settings from the top ribbon.
- Select General from the left panel of the Company Settings window.
- In the Project Settings section, set the Last Project Code Number and Last Job Reference Number. All newly created company projects will count up from the numbers typed into these two fields.
*Note: User must have Use Next Company Job Ref Number and/or Next Company Project Code options selected for company projects to inherit the next project number from the Project Settings section. (Directions in the section above)
- Select Ok to save your changes.