Within a project's freight tab, AQ users can calculate freight costs automatically through a variety of carriers*. To obtain a freight quote, each item on the project must have four values defined:
- Ship To address
- Ship From address
- Freight Class
AutoQuotes does provide one free freight account listed under the name "ReTrans" that will produce a generic estimate of freight cost. However, this account should be used with caution since the calculations are only estimates.
*Note: All carriers require users to have an established account before providing freight calculations. Users must log into their carrier within AQ prior to utilizing this service.
Obtaining a Freight Quote
- From within a project, click on the Freight tab.
- Select your preferred carrier from the drop-down list located in the top ribbon of the Freight window (Located directly left of the UPS Credentials button).
- Log in to the freight carrier using the account credentials provided to you by your carrier (The Log In button is inside of the Freight Estimator, located on the right side of the bottom panel).
- Click on a row within the Mfr list to calculate the freight.
- Select any Accessorial Charges required for the shipment.
- To apply a freight quote to a selected item, double-click on a freight estimate located in the Freight Estimator.
Note: Weights for associated items, e.g., Same Mfr, Ship To, Ship From & Freight Class, are combined.
If you need additional assistance, please contact technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (866) 452-8324.